23 July 2009

Sometimes...

Philippians 3:14: “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)

Sometimes, I feel like Elijah - passionate and fearless (well apart from the Jezebel incident!).

Sometimes, I feel I’m displaying some of the character and personality of Jesus. Well rounded in my emotions, strong when I need to be, compassionate, and at times full of sorrow. Looking towards God to empower me to do His work - seeing what He wants me to do.

Sometimes, I feel like Jeremiah full of sadness over the state of the world, the state of God’s people.

Sometimes, I feel like Judas or Peter. Not that I would deny or betray Jesus, but betray who He is in my actions, attitude and attentions.

To say this journey is easy is to be complacent and shows a life that has stopped moving forwards in their faith. We need to die daily to ourselves. To say we should not struggle is to not understand the tension between this earthly life and the heavenly destiny we yearn for.

Sometimes is one step forward towards most of the time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to see that your wonderful mind is still active and productive! An excellent post! I look forward to more...
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony. Hope you, Dorothy and, I believe, the little one are well!! x

    ReplyDelete