23 July 2009

The Manifest Presence Of God

I recently read Leonard Ravenhill’s book ‘Why Revival Tarries’ and then Rodney Howard-Browne’s book ‘The Touch of God’. There is restlessness in me to see more of the supernatural manifestations of God. Not because I am one of those ‘flaky’ or ‘OTT’ Pentecostal Christians, but because I know that God wants to show His manifest presence in the church. Acts 2, and many other scriptures, shows us that the church should be displaying signs and wonders as part of its meeting together. A relevant excellent church and the manifest presence of God can go hand in hand when handled by mature Christlike leaders.

Acts 2:15-18:“These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.’” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment